Monday, January 17, 2011

Not Spending Money on Clothes Until May 1st

First off I just want to say happy Martin Luther King, Jr Day!!

So I joined a challenge on LHCF: No spending money on clothes until May 1st. When I first joined I doubted the possibility of me actually going through with this. But after taking the time to really consider what the challenge could mean for me, I changed my mind. I have more than enough clothes for winter. I planned to start my spring/summer shopping in March, but now it's like WHY? April's weather is usually mild and tends to have quite a bit of rain mixed into the forecast. I believe using a lighter jacket will suffice for that. I also am on a quest to lose 5-8 lbs and to tone up with the pilates class that I am taking this semester. So WHO KNOWS what I will look like once I am done with the course. Buying clothes sooner than May, may not fit me once it's warm enough to wear them.

So all in all, I am glad I stumbled upon this challenge and joined it. I will save money and have more to spend once it's time to actually to buy spring/summer clothes. And hey, I will actually use the clothes I already have. :)

If you want to do a similar challenge, I say go for it!

*Off Topic*
I just wanted to say that I went to a consigment store on Saturday after taking an exam. This particular consignment store had clothes and is considered high-end without high prices. i am so happy my mom talked me into going to it. They had a lot of nice items and I got 3 blazers for 30 dollars total. I may do some OOTD when I finally get around to wearing them! I definitely plan to go back in May.

1 comment:

  1. thats a nice challenge! i may be able to pull that off myself. i so want to buy more clothes right now but i'm leaving for bootcamp in a month. after that, i will have to earn privileges to wear civilian clothing so if i save now i will be able to buy tons by may.

    cool find on the consignment store. i so want to find some great classics there.

    ReplyDelete