I have been MIA from my blog for pretty much ALL of 2011, but I am back. I have major goals for this year, but before I get into those I want to update you on what has happened since my last blog post.
So in January 2011 I passed my CNA exam, but unfortunately I was unable to start working as a CNA until August 2011. :/
In May 2011 I graduated with my BSN degree! This was probably the most bittersweet moment of my life. I was overjoyed with the accomplishment because it was truly a HARD road to get through. But at the same time I was fully aware of the hard road ahead of me. The job market in my location for my particular profession is rough for new grads. So I was thrilled to have gotten through one journey, but I was aware of the beginning of the next. That following weekend, two of my sisters, my niece, and I went to LA to celebrate...that was a lot of fun!
June 2011, I got my driver's license FINALLY! This is something I have been putting off for SO long. I had a fear of driving and I finally overcame it. Not having my driver's license is the reason I couldn't get a job as a CNA.
August 2011, as previously mentioned, I started working as a CNA through an agency.
October 2011, I passed NCLEX and officially became an RN! *toots own horn* The experience of taking that exam will probably never be matched, let's just say I just KNEW I had to have failed when I finished the exam. Luckily, that was not the case. The job hunting officially began at this point.
So that brings everything pretty much up to speed...so I'll move on to my 2012 goals.
1. Obtain a new grad RN position. This is my main focus and will open the opportunity for me to do the other things I am interested in.
2. Pay down my credit card and student loan balances. Also, I want to improve my credit score...it's not bad, but I want it to be excellent
3. Get involved in the community...
4. Save up for a car and my first apartment ( these two are major, for me)
5. Travel and get out more
6. Put more effort into myself. By that I mean, I want to take better care of myself, put more effort into how I present myself (i.e. the way I dress, how I do my hair and makeup)
7. Get back into the things I am interested in. I have always loved fashion, photography, painting and writing, but I had to put them aside for school and work. I want to reacquaint myself with my interests and I plan to use my blog to document them. I am really excited about this and can't wait to share :).
Well that's it for now, if you have any advice or tips you can provide in relation to my goals, feel free to leave a comment! :)