Wednesday, January 12, 2011

*Hair Status*

This is going to be the 1st of many Hair Status posts. I plan to do one every week or every other week. So here's a little background on my hair. I was natural until the age of 11. I got my last relaxer when I was 16, which was in 2003. I have been completely natural since 2005. After becoming natural I replaced my relaxers with flat ironing and as a result I suffered a lot of heat damage. At the beginning of 2009 I decided I would begin to take care of my hair on my own (no more going to the salon). I began to utilize twistouts and braidouts in between flat iron sessions, which I only did 5 times last year. So that's a brief summery of my hair. I still have a lot of heat damage left mainly in the front and middle of my hair.

*Hair Status*
So, New Years day I got the itch to cut. I cut about 2-3 inches of my heat damaged ends off. I currently have my hair in a bunch of braids, which I did after I did the Aphogee 2- step protein treatment. I do this often, but this time I made the braids smaller. I have to say I LOVE the smaller braids, they look muchhh better on me and I can style them more easily. I plan to keep my hair in the braids for a couple weeks and then rock a braid out. After the braidout I plan to flat iron my hair. I'll post pictures of the flat iron for sure and do a length check then. I know I am currently in between SL and APL.
My daily regimen is just spraying It's A 10 on my hair and putting coconut oil on my ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment